– What is your workspace like?
– My workspace is a workshop full of small papers with notes, drawings, ideas… a kind of chaotic universe when everything looks connected at the end. A working space focused on our real job with shapes, materials and textures. Just a space to create.
– What’s the best part about your job?
– I can give a clear answer to this question. The best part of my job to me is undoubtedly when I find some unknown people just enjoying when using one of my designs. A group of friends sharing good moments in a restaurant just sat down on one of my chairs, someone enjoying the lecture on one of my sofas, etc… That´s when all my work really find its authentic sense, when someone uses and enjoys it.
– What is your favorite furniture style?
I really feel the Scandinavian style based on simple lines made of natural wood close to my heart. The way those genius worked the wood with all the love and care and the extreme beauty of their creations has never been overcome… and I think it will never be although there is always pretentious to say never.
– What inspires you creatively?
– Just the life itself. We spend the whole day interacting with objects, the major part of the times in an unconscious way, so those objects must be the best complement to our own particular life. Everyone, everywhere, every time… the inspiration is always there and the Designer just must identify the right ones… there is not a single inspiration but a feeling made of many.
– What’s the most challenging part of your job?
– The biggest challenge is just to transmit the intangible essence of my work in the earliest stages of the Design process. As a professional Designer I use a kind of particular language made of all the different aspects and features described before as part of the creative process. To explain that the real design is always beyond everyone´s particular taste is the most difficult thing, and more when the real object is not still made. If that stage is satisfactorily passed then everything is easier, smoother and more pleasant.